CryptoSec is focused on facilitating and protecting the decentralized, programmable future of finance by helping our clients manage related cybersecurity, privacy, regulatory, financial crime and operational risks.
We have a thriving, fully-remote, collaborative culture in which we value curiosity, passion, continuous learning, accountability, honesty, diversity of thought, and constructive conflict. We abhor organizational bullshit in all its dimensions.
…and we’re hiring!
Become a Crypto Investigator
Who We Are
Crypto Investigators is a CryptoSec business focused on leading complex crypto investigations and crypto asset recoveries.
We conduct deep and comprehensive crypto investigations to track and aid in the recovery of digital assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, other cryptocurrencies, and NFTs. We are qualified to lead complex digital investigations using advanced blockchain forensics to uncover a variety of cybercrimes from exchange hacks, compromised wallets, ransomware, investment fraud, embezzlement, and more. We excel at rapid cybercrime incident response to trace stolen crypto before it gets off-chain and drastically improve the likelihood of digital asset recovery.
Each of our three founding partners brings 20+ years of experience in law enforcement and global investigations along with numerous relevant global and international accreditations and certifications to the table. We’re proud members of many of the world’s leading anti-fraud and financial crimes investigator associations. We collaborate with international law enforcement organizations from bottom to top, crypto exchange and custodial partners, blockchain analysis firms and service providers, business executives, law firms, government agencies and representatives, private investigators, regulators, professors, educators, and more.
Who are our Crypto Investigators
- First and foremost, our crypto investigators are professionals with an unrelenting interest in the ever-evolving cryptocurrency ecosystem. Innovators, and free-thinkers that are able to balance it with a very disciplined and organized approach to reviewing and presenting large amount of information.
- They have chosen the fight against cyber and financial crimes as a career path and are committed to deploy their knowledge, talent and experience to rapidly resolve variety of related issues.
- They are self-starters with the ability to think critically and strategically and see beyond the initial facts presented.
- They are able to operate independently, manage multiple competing priorities with difficult deadlines, and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary.
- They are motivated by leading complex investigations into incidents of cybercrime, fraud, money laundering, and other high risk typologies involving the illicit use of cryptocurrency.
- They typically have 3+ years of relevant experience in law enforcement or in fraud/AML investigation experience in the financial services or FinTech.
For the right person we offer
- Challenging projects with the opportunity to make a significant impact.
- Never-ending learning opportunities.
- Attractive compensation: a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package.
If you are interested in becoming a Crypto Investigator
- Submit your application through the form or by email to [email protected].
- We will review your submission and respond within few days.
- We will arrange a phone interview for potential candidates.
- For candidates that pass the initial screening, we will arrange an in-person interview with one or more of our Partners.
You belong here
We are a fully remote business. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
We also encourage you to apply regardless of your race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, spirituality, experience, genetic characteristics, disability, and more.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make our team more inclusive and reflective of the global and diverse client base we serve. We believe that diversity of work experiences, life experiences, and thought makes us stronger. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
Beyond usual accommodations for applicants with physical and mental disabilities, we are willing to work with you to adapt our interview process to reduce any risks of interviewers’ unconscious bias. Let us know at [email protected] if you have particular concerns and prior to the interview process we will work with you to design a process that minimizes your concerns. Such accommodations might include anonymous and location-free CVs and interviews in initial phases; a selection process fully based only on your ability to execute a task without any conversational interviews; your inputs into the interview panel members selection; and others.